Thursday, August 28, 2008

On sunday Tanya & I decided to do a picnic with the kids. So we loaded her 3 girls, my boys and lunch in the car. We went to Bridal Veil Falls to have our picnic. It was a gorgeous day, nice and warm. I got a wild hair to hike the falls with a little concern as to if the kids could make the hike. The kids were amazing! Jaycee & Kayla (ages 5 & 4) hiked without any whining at all they were such troopers. My boys were so great at helping the girls through the rough patches and I packed 15 month old Alexia all the way! Whew, that was a little nerve racking. It was such a great moment when we all got to the top and Tanya mentioned how grateful she is that she could share that moment with her girls, it made me realize how important it was that I got that wild hair. The only thing I regretted was not bringing the camera!

5 comments:

Cher said...

I love the falls! Don't you know that the Camera is to be attached to your hip like one of the kids. I hate it when I forget the camera 'cause that is when I need it. Sounds like you had a blast anyway!

Michelle said...

Aww - that really made me miss Bridal Veil Falls . . . and the canyon and mountains for that matter! So glad you are enjoying some time with Tanya and the kids. I love your Fall blog background Michelle - so pretty!

Lisa said...

Whenever we come to Provo the highlight of the drive is, of course screaming through the tunnel, and Bridal Veil Falls. This is when Ashley knows we are REALLY going to see grandma. We were actually just talking about taking her. Glad you had such a good time!!

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Thanks, Michelle! Brenda and Joe told us you were always looking for updates. Your concern and interest made us feel good. Thank you. Things are great! We saw the baby by ultrasound today and heard the heart. We are super excited and feel totally blessed to have met this cool girl, Caitlin. She really is awesome!

A.S. said...

Hello!!! How are you guys! I'm so glad I found you, now we can keep in touch other than at the Chirstmas Party! We really do only live a half mile from each other!
Hope you guys are well!
Love, Abb