Friday, June 27, 2008

So here it is... I have had one of my worst nightmares come true. Korbin was playing baseball in a city league tournament on thursday night. I dropped him off to warm up with the team and ran back home to change my clothes so I could get back to the game as soon as possible. Of course the game starts before I get back and Korbin hits his first Homerun (in the park) and I'm not there to see it, nor is his dad because of work. What's done is done right. Well tell my heart that. Now Korbin gets a coupon for a free drink at the snack shack for the homerun and he replies "that's ok I don't need a drink the homerun is enough" while grinning from ear to ear. His mom is heartbroken to think she didn't get to see it and feels completely robbed of a great childhood moment. So for all those parents that feel like they missed a moment of impact in their childs life,
I feel for you!

2 comments:

Cher said...

ahhh... Michelle I am so sorry. Do you know if anyone might have taped it? I know its not the same as being there but maybe if they did you could watch it over and over again with the power hitter! Good job kiddo!!!

Devin, April, Gavin and Drew said...

I'm sorry Michelle! That's so sad! At least Korbin wasn't mad at you... you have great boys! Blame the ugly scrubs that you had to change out of :)